Brand your control panel URL
Add your own custom URL to your control panel and customize its look and feel.
Why apply a custom URL to your control panel?
By applying a custom URL you are changing the location of your control panel so that when you log in, it will feel like the control panel belongs to your business.
- The standard control panel login URL:
- Your custom control panel login URL:
New domains can take up to 48 hours for full propagation and for the domain to become available and active, though in most cases only take a few hours. Contact your domain host if it takes more than 48 hours.
- Active MyWiFi subscription.
- A registered domain from any domain registrar like GoDaddy or NameCheap
Before you can brand your control panel URL you will need to set up a domain or subdomain.
In most cases, you would create a subdomain such as custom.yourdomain-name.com, where yourdomain-name.com is your original domain.
If you do not have an active domain, you will need to purchase one.
Log in to where your domain is currently hosted.
- Go to Domains > Choose your domain and click Manage
- Go to DNS Records section
- Create a CNAME record using the following guide:
TTL: 1 hour
Points to: mysocialwifi.securewificloud.com
- Click Save DNS Records after you have set the CNAME record.
cPanel setup (JustHost, BlueHost, NameCheap, HostGator, etc):
- Log in into your cPanel account.
- Go to Advanced DNS Zone Editor.
- Choose your domain from the dropdown list (if you have multiple domains in your cPanel account).
- Add the following record using the guide below:
Record type (select from the drop-down list): CNAME
- Click the Add Record button.
To confirm that your new domain is active and available before the addition to your control panel.
- Open a new browser tab and enter the following URL:
- Add your new domain name into the Domain Name field.
- Click DNS Lookup.
Not found/Not ready
When the domain is not found or ready for addition to your control panel, you will see the below information.
When your domain is found and ready for addition to your control panel, you will see the below information.
- Log in to your MyWiFi dashboard.
- Click the Account menu.
- Select Branding.
- Go to the Custom Domain - Control Panel options.
- Enter your subdomain.
This would normally be a subdomain but can be any domain you like, as long as it has been configured correctly.
- Click Save Settings.
- Your custom control panel URL is ready.
If not found, double-check that it can be found with DNS lookup and that it's configured properly at your registrar.
- You can now log out and access your control panel with the new URL.
- Log in again to access your dashboard.
If you have any questions, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon located in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.