This guide will assist you in preparing your Cradlepoint Access Points (managed through the NetCloud ECM) for Social Guest Access capabilities. It will also assist you through the process of adding your Cradlepoint access points to MyWiFi.
- Active MyWiFi subscription
- Active Aruba Networks subscription
- Active location set up in MyWiFi with an assigned campaign
You will first need to retrieve the MAC address of your device from your Cradlepoint NetCloud control panel before you can begin adding your device to MyWiFi. A MAC address is a sequence of 12 numbers and the letters A-F often separated by colons (ex: AC:86:74:8B:45:20).
- Log in to your Cradlepoint NetCloud control panel.
- Navigate to Devices in the NetCloud ECM
- Find the right device and copy the MAC Address.
Now that you have the MAC addresses of the Cradlepoint device you want to set up, you can begin to add it to MyWiFi.
- Select Devices from the main menu.
- Click Add New Device.
- Select the Location, enter a Device Name, and choose Cradlepoint NetCloud.
- Provide the MAC Address of your device that you retrieved from your NetCloud control panel.
- Click Proceed. You will be prompted to confirm the information about your device.
- Save your NASID -- you will need it for the next section.
- Click Confirm Setup.
- Log in again to your Cradlepoint NetCloud control panel.
- Navigate to Devices and select your device.
- Click Configuration, then select Edit.
- Click Networking.
Configure the wireless network
- Go to Networking, then Local Networks.
- Select the WiFi Radio frequency you want to configure. You should definitely configure the 2.4GHz network, and we generally recommend configuring the 5GHz network as well.
We recommend you configure the 2.4GHz network and optionally the 5GHz Network.
- Select your Wireless Network and Edit the configuration
- Configure your Wireless Network Settings as follows:
- WiFi Name (SSID): Choose what you would like your network to be called.
- Hidden: leave unchecked
- Isolate: ✓
- WMM: ✓
- Enabled: ✓
Guest LAN Configuration:
- Go to Networking, then Local Networks, and click on Local IP Networks
- Choose Guest LAN, and click Edit.
- Go to the IP4v4 settings and set the following:
IPv4 Routing Model: Hotspot
- Go to Interface, and make sure that the Wireless Public Network(s) you configured earlier are listed under Selected Interfaces
Configure hotspot settings
- Go to Local Networks, then Hotspot Services.
- Enter the following under Hotspot Settings
Hotspot Mode: RADIUS/UAM
Local IP Network: Guest LAN
Hotspot/UAM Authentication Port: 8000
- Enter the following under Radius Settings:
Server Address 1: radius1.mywifi.io
Server Address 2: radius2.mywifi.io
Authentication Port: 1812
Accounting Port: 1813
Shared Secret: mywifi (You can hit Unmask Password to confirm you've typed it correctly.)
- Enter the following under UAM Settings
Login URL: Enter your custom social portal URL for your MyWiFi account -- for example, https://social.yourdomain.com. If you don't have a custom social portal URL set up, you can either set it up now, or use https://securewifilogin.com.
Shared Secret: mywifi
NAS/Gateway ID: Enter the NASID you were shown when you added your device to MyWiFi.
- Click Save.
- Configure your Allowed Hosts/Domains prior to Authentication
It's ImportantIf you have a Custom Social Portal URL for your MyWiFi account, you must add it to the Walled Garden Whitelist in place of the *. acting as a placeholder in the first line of the list below and the screenshot above.
Here is the complete list of domains that need to be added to your Allowed Hosts/Domains Prior to Authentication list:
Commit your Hotspot Settings
- Click on Commit Changes.
Unable to access campaign
If you have any questions, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon located in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.