Each OAuth provider may be slightly different, but will generally follow about the same process.
- Active MyWiFi subscription.
- Active account with an OAuth Provider
OAuth setup and integration
- Create an OAuth app with your provider.
For example, for Google, go to your Credentials page, then create an OAuth client ID, and then select Web application and choose a name before clicking Create. You can find more details here.
- Go to Apps in MyWiFi.
- Click Add New App.
- Click Others, then choose OAuth.
- At the bottom of the window, copy the Redirect URI.
For example, in Google, this will look like this
- Find the following credentials for your app:
URL Access Token
URL Resource Owner Details
For example, for Google, these are:
URL Authorize: https://accounts.google.com/o/oauth2/auth
URL Access Token: https://oauth2.googleapis.com/token
URL Resource Owner Details: https://www.googleapis.com/oauth2/v2/userinfo
Scope: openid profile email
- Locate your Client ID and Client Secret in your app.
- Go back to the app creation screen in MyWiFi, and enter these details, as well as an internal App Name.
- Click Proceed.
Enable OAuth Login
Now that your OAuth app is created, you can add OAuth as a login option for your campaigns.
- Select Campaigns from the main menu.
- Click Edit Campaign. You can also add OAuth as a login method during campaign creation.
- Select the Login tab.
- Click Connect with OAuth.
- Select Setup.
- Choose your OAuth App, and then decide on the Login Button Text.
- Click Save Campaign.
- Your campaign is then updated, and will begin displaying the new OAuth login option.
If you have any questions, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon located in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.