Installing the MyWiFi OpenWRT firmware for Teltonika RUT900 has two parts:
- The setting of a Static IP address on your PC.
- Installing the firmware via the bootloader WebUI of the router.
Follow the detailed steps below on how to load the MyWiFi OpenWRT firmware for your RUT900 device.
Set a Static IP Address on your Computer
- Go to the Start menu.
- Type Ethernet Settings into the search field.
- Click the single result to view your Ethernet port settings.
- Click Change adapter options which can be found under Related Settings.
- In the Network Connections window, right-click on the Network connection associated with your Ethernet adapter and click Properties:
- Then click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
- Use the following IP address and enter a static IP for your PC (e.g., 192.168.1.2); netmask - 255.255.255.0; gateway - 192.168.1.1
- Click OK.
The Static IP address of your computer has been set.
Update the Firmware
- Unplug your router's power supply/wall plug from the electrical source
- Leave one Ethernet cable plugged in to any of the Ethernet ports.
All other Ethernet ports and WAN ports should be blank or empty.
- Press and hold the Reset button
- Plug the power supply/wall plug back to the electrical source, while holding the Reset button.
- Continue holding the Reset button for 3-4 seconds or until all LAN port LEDs start blinking.
- Once all LAN port LEDs are blinking, you may connect through to the Bootloader Menu by opening up a web browser and go to 192.168.1.1/index.html (if your browser does not connect, clear your browser cache and cookies).
Once in the WebUI, you can upgrade your firmware.
- Click Choose File.
- Select the "firmware file" you previously saved.
- Click the Update Firmware button.