NOTE: Add your device to your dashboard and save the firmware file on your local hard drive before proceeding.
Installing the MyWiFi OpenWRT firmware for Teltonika RUT900 has two parts:
- The setting of a Static IP address on your PC.
- Installing the firmware via the bootloader WebUI of the router.
Follow the detailed steps below on how to load the MyWiFi OpenWRT firmware for your RUT900 device.
Set a Static IP Address on your Computer
- Go to the Start menu.
- Type Ethernet Settings into the search field.
- Click the single result to view your Ethernet port settings.
- Click Change adapter options which can be found under Related Settings.
- In the Network Connections window, right-click on the Network connection associated with your Ethernet adapter and click Properties:
- Then click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
- Use the following IP address and enter a static IP for your PC (e.g., 192.168.1.2); netmask - 255.255.255.0; gateway - 192.168.1.1
- Click OK.
The Static IP address of your computer has been set.
Update the Firmware
Copy the instructions below if you are connected to the internet through the router that will be flashed as you will be going offline from this point.
- Unplug your router's power supply/wall plug from the electrical source
- Leave one Ethernet cable plugged in to any of the Ethernet ports.
All other Ethernet ports and WAN ports should be blank or empty.
- Press and hold the Reset button
- Plug the power supply/wall plug back to the electrical source, while holding the Reset button.
- Continue holding the Reset button for 3-4 seconds or until all LAN port LEDs start blinking.
- Once all LAN port LEDs are blinking, you may connect through to the Bootloader Menu by opening up a web browser and go to 192.168.1.1/index.html (if your browser does not connect, clear your browser cache and cookies).
Once in the WebUI, you can upgrade your firmware.
- Click Choose File.
- Select the "firmware file" you previously saved.
- Click the Update Firmware button.
If the update is in progress, you will get the window like the image below. The update will take about 2-3 minutes and the router will restart itself automatically.
NOTE: Don't forget to reset your IPV4 IP Ethernet address back to auto once this process is complete.
Please sign in to leave a comment.