Integrate your Cambium Network devices (previously known as Xirrus ASOS) with MyWiFi and allow your guests to authenticate through MyWiFi, while keeping full control of your Cambium access points within the Cambium Central XMS-Cloud, XMS-Enterprise or from within the standard WMI.
- Active Xirrus subscription.
- Active MyWiFi subscription.
- A location with an associated campaign.
Cambium Networks (Xirrus ASOS) setup
You will first need to create a new profile within Cambium Networks.
- Log in to Cambium Networks.
- Click on +NEW PROFILE.
- Select SSIDs.
- Select New SSID.
- Enter a name for your SSID.
You can leave the rest of the settings as default.
- Viewing the SSIDs tab, under “Access Control” select the drop-down menu for the SSID you created and select Captive Portal.
- Uncheck Host on Xirrus Access Point.
- Click Next.
Custom Social Portal
- Enter redirect URL: https://securewifilogin.com and "mywifi" for the URL secret.
Authentication Server Settings:
Authentication Type: PAP
Primary Server: radius1.wificloud.io
Secondary Server: radius2.wificloud.io
- Click Show Advanced, enter https://securewifilogin.com/index.php?controller=landingpage&action=thank-you-page into the Landing Page.
- Enable Whitelist.
- Add these domains into your Allowed Hosts/Domains:
These must be included before the Authentication list.
- Click "Save and Finish" when ready.
- Click Show Advanced located top right of the profile window.
This will extend a couple of extra tabs which allow more advanced configurations.
- Select Optimization.
- Select the Snippet slider.
- Click yes.
Agree to the Terms of service.
AOS Devices Only
- Within the Snippet, enter this code in AOS Commands.
- Replace “myWiFi-Xirrus-XD2” with the SSID created in step 2.
- Replace "xxxxxxxxxxxx" with the NasID from the device created within your MyWiFi Dashboard.
- Click Save All when ready.
authentication-server external-radius accounting enable
*This Snippet of code enables accounting on both the primary and secondary and defaults to port 1813 and also uses the same secret that was set for the radius.
If you have any questions, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon located in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.
Please sign in to leave a comment.