Let your guests log in with Facebook
- Active MyWiFi subscription
- Active location set up in MyWiFi with an assigned campaign
Facebook app setup
You will first need to log in to your Facebook developer account and create a new Facebook app.
- Log in to your Facebook developer account at https://developers.facebook.com.
- Click My Apps. If you have not yet created any apps, this will instead say Get Started.
- Select Create App.
- When prompted with the question How are you using your app?, select for For Everything Else
- Provide a Display Name for your app and verify the Contact Email, then click Create App ID.
- Complete the security check.
- Click Submit.
- Click Set Up.
- Select Web as the platform for your app.
- Provide your Custom Social Portal URL.
Haven't set this up? Head to your branding section within MyWiFi and follow this guide before continuing!
- Click Save.
- Select Settings from the left menu.
- Select Basic.
- Fill in these fields:
App Domains - Provide your full custom social portal URL, including https://
Category - Select a category from the dropdown menu; we recommend Business & Pages.
Business Use - Select Provide services to other businesses.
- Click Save Changes.
Facebook login setup
Now that you have a Facebook app created, you can retrieve the App ID and App Secret, set your Facebook app live, and integrate your new app into your dashboard.
- Click Facebook Login in the main menu.
- Click Settings.
- Provide your custom social portal URL into the Valid OAuth Redirect URLs field.
- Click Save Changes.
- Select Settings -> Basic.
- Toggle Status to ON. This will set your Facebook app to Live.
- Click Show in the App Secret field. (You will need to enter your Facebook password.)
- Copy your App ID and App Secret.
Now that you have your Facebook API credentials, you can integrate Facebook as an app within MyWiFi.
- Select Apps from the main menu.
- Click Add New App.
- Select Social Apps.
- Select Facebook.
- Provide an App Name your App ID and App Secret.
- Click Proceed.
Enable Facebook social login
Now that Facebook has been added as an app, you can now add the Facebook social login option to your campaign.
- Select Campaigns from the main menu.
- Click Edit Campaign.
- Select the Login tab.
- Click Connect with Facebook.
- Select your Facebook app -- If you do not have a Custom Social Portal only the default Facebook app will be available for use.
- Click Save Campaign.
- Your campaign is then updated and will begin displaying the new Facebook login option.
If you have any questions, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon located in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.