Your Cisco Meraki access points and controller can communicate presence and proximity data to your MyWiFi dashboard with a few quick steps.
- Active Pro or higher MyWiFi subscription
- A location with an associated Campaign.
NOTE: CMX has been renamed Cisco Meraki Location Analytics.
Note that this only works with Cisco Meraki access points that are managed by a Meraki cloud controller Dashboard.
Find Cisco Meraki validator
- Log in to your Cisco Meraki cloud controller dashboard.
- Select Network-wide.
- Select General.
- Scroll down to the Location and scanning section.
- Copy the Validator key.
Enable presence analytics in MyWiFi
- Log in to your MyWifi dashboard.
- Select Devices from the main menu.
- Click Edit Device.
- Select the Presence tab.
- Click the toggle Enable Presence Reporting.
- Paste the validator key you copied above into the Validator field and click Update.
- Copy the Endpoint URL and Secret keys on this page and click Update.
Cisco Meraki - Post URL Setup
- Navigate back to your Cisco Meraki dashboard.
- Return to Network-wide > General > Location and scanning.
- Click on Add a Post URL.
- Paste the Endpoint URL you saved earlier into your Post URL field.
- Paste the Secret key you saved earlier in your Secret field.
- Click Validate.
- You will receive a confirmation message.
- Click Save.
If you have any questions, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon located in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.