Upgrade your firmware
The following steps are for manually upgrading your firmware on SH50 and SH100 devices.
This process should only be followed if you see the "Manual Upgrade" available message in your dashboard, or if you have been asked by support to manually upgrade your device.
Firmware upgrade steps
Connect the SH50 or SH100 device to your computer and power on the device.
NOTE: The LAN (yellow) port connects to your computer via ethernet cable.
- On your computer, set the static IP address to 192.168.99.33 and the subnet mask to 255.255.255.0.
(Read this article if you need help setting a static IP address)
- Open your web browser and enter 192.168.99.1 into the address bar. You should see this screen:
- Click Update Firmware.
- Click Choose File and select the firmware that you downloaded.
- Click Update Firmware. The firmware update process can take 2-3 minutes.
Not loading the screen?
If your device is not loading the screen indicated above, try these two steps after connecting your device to your computer:
- Unplug your device.
- On your device, press and hold down the reset button.
While still holding the reset button, plug the device into a power source.
- Allow the device to boot up (for approximately 10 seconds) and then let go of the reset button.
Then proceed to step 1 above.
If you have any questions, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon located in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.