LinkedIn and MyWiFi
By integrating LinkedIn as an app into your dashboard, you will be able to enable LinkedIn as a login option.
Watch this video and learn more about integrating LinkedIn with your MyWiFi dashboard.
- Active subscription with LinkedIn.
- Active MyWiFi subscription.
- A location with an associated campaign.
You will need to log in to your LinkedIn account and retrieve the Client ID and Client Secret before beginning to integrate your new app.
- Visit https://www.linkedin.com/developers. Log in with your LinkedIn username and password.
- Click Create App.
- Provide an App Name
Note that guests will see this name. Do not use LinkedIn as your app name.
- Associate your company with your LinkedIn app. If you have not created a LinkedIn company page, Click Create a new company page.
- Provide a logo.
PNG or JPEG format. At least 80 x 80 pixels, No larger than 5 MB in size.
- Sign In with LinkedIn is selected by default.
If you plan to collect additional information, select Marketing Developer Platform.
(LinkedIn will require more information and this is recommended for Advanced Users only)
Click Create app when ready.
- Select the tab Auth.
- Enter your Authorized Redirect URL under OAuth 2.0 Settings.
The URL provided will be: https://yourcustomsocialportaldomain.com/index.php?controller=social-login&action=linkedin
"yourcustomsocialportaldomain.com" is your Custom Social Portal Domain.
If you do not have a custom domain, you can use securewifilogin.com in place of the domain above.Click Update.
- Copy your Client ID and Client Secret from the Application credentials section.
You will need this Client ID and Client Secret to integrate your app with your dashboard.
Now that you have your LinkedIn API information, you can integrate LinkedIn as an app within your dashboard.
Please read this article to learn more about adding apps to your dashboard.
- Log in to your dashboard.
- Select Apps from the main menu.
- Click Add New App.
- Select Social Apps.
- Select LinkedIn
- Enter an App Name, your API ID, and your API Secret.
- Click Proceed.
Enable LinkedIn login
Now that LinkedIn has been added as an app within your dashboard, you can add the LinkedIn login option to your campaign.
- Select Campaigns from the main menu.
- Click Edit Campaign.
- Select the Login tab.
- Click LinkedIn.
- Select your LinkedIn app.
- Click Save Campaign.
- Your campaign is then updated and will begin displaying the new LinkedIn login option.
If you have any questions, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon located in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.