Watch this video to learn more about Facebook Birthday scopes.
Enabling the Facebook user_birthday scope will allow you to access the date and month of a person's birthday.
This may or may not include the person's year of birth, dependent upon their privacy settings.
Enable Facebook birthday scopes
- Log in to your Facebook App.
- Click on App Review then + Add Items.
- Select user_birthday and then click the Add 1 Item button.
- Click on the Edit Notes link.
- Select how you intend to use the information.
- Turn Web on
- Write how you intend to use the app.
- Upload the video found here
- Click Save.
- User connects to WiFi network
- Connects with Facebook, accepts access, and is given free WiFi access
- This is asked for in order to gauge the interests of users to send more relevant information/coupons/offers.
- Click on Submit For Review. Once approved, it will look like this:
Update the integration
Once your Facebook app is approved for the user_birthday scope, you have to pull the updated scopes for the Facebook app that you added as an app.
- In the dashboard, go to the Apps section from the main menu.
- Find the app that you added for your Facebook login.
- Click Edit App.
- Click Save.
- Click the Edit button again and make note that the app scopes have been updated to include user_birthday.
If the user_birthday scope is not part of the app scopes list, that means that the Facebook app you have added does not have access to those scopes.
Please re-check your app scope permissions or contact support if you believe this is in error.