Devices in the main menu is where you can add, manage, delete, and edit your devices, and view the device status, location, or current campaign.
What are devices?
Devices are access points or hotspots at a location that make it so that guests can connect to the internet.
- Active MyWiFi subscription.
- An active location.
Please read the following article to learn more about device compatibility.
Follow these steps to learn how to integrate various devices into your dashboard.
Some devices require very specific information for full integration; find our article about your specific device for more information and a walkthrough.
- Select Devices from the main menu.
- Click Add New Device.
- Select the Location and choose a Device Name.
- Select Your Hardware from the list of manufacturers.
- Depending on your hardware selection, you may need to provide your MAC address, select a specific device, or go through a different setup. Find your hardware here for
Select device example:
Select setup method example:
In most cases, you will be asked to provide the MAC address of your device.
- Confirm your device details and then click Confirm Setup.
- Click View Your Devices or Add Another Device.
Your new device will then be displayed on your dashboard. Make sure the device is powered on and that a campaign is assigned to the device's location.
Managing your new device once added is important, and at some point, it may need to be removed, edited or you may want to know how much data has been transferred on that device, continue below to learn more about device management.
View & edit your device information
Once you have added your device, you can view various information regarding the data transferred, the location of the device, and much more.
- Click Edit Device.
- The device details will open on the Info tab, where you can view information about your device.
- Click the Edit tab. Here you will be able to change the location of the device or the device name.
- Click the Session tab. Here, you can view the device usage and connection data as well as edit location session options.
- Click the Presence tab, where you can enable presence reporting on supported devices. All of our pre-configured white label devices fully support this feature.
Remove your device
If you wish to delete a device or you made a mistake on the MAC address when you were adding a device, you can search for the device using the search bar or find it within your devices list. Click the trash icon and confirm that you want to delete the device.
- Click the trash icon.
- You will need to confirm the device deletion before it is removed from your account, so don't worry if you click it by mistake.
If you have any questions, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon located in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.