Watch this walk-through video of the firmware installation:
Please follow these instructions carefully when flashing your NEXX device. These are the same instructions our support team uses to flash the device.
- Download the Firmware file for your Social Powered Mini Demo Device (NEXX WT-3020F) from the Devices section of your MyWiFi dashboard..
How to flash firmware to the NEXX WT-3020F
- Plug the power cord into the unit and wait until the blue light on front of the unit is solid.
Once booted, the initial SSID should be NEXX_A1XXXX
IMPORTANT: Take note of the last four digits of the SSID. This is required for distinguishing your newly flashed NEXX device from other flashed devices with default MyWiFi_SSID's.
- Connect an ethernet cable from your computer to the LAN port of the NEXX WT-3020F.
- Open a web browser and type 192.168.8.1 into the address bar.
- Enter the User Name and Password. The default credentials are admin for both username and password.
- Select Advanced within the NEXX device interface.
- Select System Tools.
- Select Upgrade Firmware.
- Click Choose File and select the downloaded firmware file from your computer, then click Upgrade.
- Wait 3-5 minutes for the firmware to finish installing; when the installation is complete, your browser page will refresh.
- The installation will be complete when the default SSID appears in the list of open networks -- it will appear as MyWiFi_SSID.
Test the unit connection
- Plug-in the ethernet cable from your modem to the NEXX device's WAN port.
- Connect to the default MyWiFi_SSID network.
Please sign in to leave a comment.