The following will walk you through how to change the IP address on a device flashed with our custom firmware:
Manually change the IP address:
To change your router IP, please complete the following steps:
- Connect an Ethernet cable to any of the routers LAN ports.
- Configure your computers LAN settings to the following:
IP Address: 192.168.1.11
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
- Using a terminal emulator (PuTTY on windows etc.) SSH into the router with the following credentials.
Password: [ASK SUPPORT]
Example: ssh firstname.lastname@example.org
- Configure a new network by running the following commands:
uci set network.lan.ipaddr="192.168.99.1"
uci commit network
/etc/init.d/network restart &
- This will set your router's network to 192.168.99.1 and restart the networking subsystem and your connection will be lost.
- Your router network will now be set to 192.168.99.1, to verify, change your network settings to 192.168.99.11 and repeat Step 3, you should be able to login.
If you have any questions, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon located in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.